Often the hottest month of the year and it looks like 2018 will be no different.
This is the time to get out there and enjoy your garden.
According to the Royal Horticultural Society, the top ten jobs to get on with this month in the garden are as follows:
- Check clematis for signs of clematis wilt
- Care for houseplant while on holiday
- Water tubs and new plants if dry, but be water-wise
- Deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennials, to ensure continuous flowering
- Pick courgettes before they become marrows
- Treat apple scab
- Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds, and keep them topped up
- Order catalogues for next year’s spring-flowering bulbs
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed, especially if not given a spring feed
- Harvest apricots, peaches and nectarines
This month our selection for the prestigious World of Wolf Garten Tool of the Month is:-
The Wolf Garten Multi-Change® Pond Net (WKM).
A brilliant tool; as part of the multi-change system this connects with any handle.
It enables the easy collection of duckweed, insects and other fine debris from the garden pond.